Skip to main content

NEW EPISODE!!!LOVED HIM(6)









One afternoon, a week after I met Kola’s parents, I was in the office when Ada called to tell me she had something important to tell me. Since it was Ada I was sure it was about a guy she just met and how he did this and that so I decided to take my time. I drove to the restaurant where we were supposed to meet and then I saw her with Ayomide.


Ayomide! I hated that girl so much and it was disgusting to think Ada would bring her to see me after all she had done to me. We hated each other and everyone knew that even a dead person knew that. I was about walking away when Ada ran towards me, begging me to stay. I wanted to slap her, slap her so hard she wouldn’t think of such a stunt again but because she was my friend I decided to listen to what she had to say. She probably came to apologize since I had something she has never had, love.

She greeted me and I replied. ‘Can we get to the point?’ Ada didn’t look pleased with my attitude but I cared less, was she expecting me to act like all was well?

‘So I heard you and Kola Williams are together?’ she asked. Was that why she brought me here? If she wanted an interview she would have just said so instead of getting to me through Ada.

‘Yes, I am’ I answered in a scornful manner

‘He is my ex-boyfriend and I think you should be careful with him’. I laughed so hard. This was the girl that cheated on him and she had the guts to show herself to me.

‘Oh! You are the girlfriend that he broke up with after he caught you with his friend?’

It was confusing as she began to laugh ‘Was that what he told you? I knew you were smarter than that’

Ada and I looked confused. I knew who Ayomide was and I knew she would do anything to ruin my happiness and I wasn’t going to let her. I stood up to leave her and my so called friend on the table.

‘Calm down Damilola, I broke up with Kola because he was on drugs. I didn’t cheat on him and I wouldn’t have’

I laughed so hard and couldn’t control myself. My Kola on drugs? That was the best most ridiculous thing  I have heard this girl say. I mean I knew she was a liar but I didn’t know she was this petty.

‘I know it sounds very funny but this guy is on drugs, Dami, I was a victim. Kola is not what he seems, he’s sweet and romantic but that’s not what he is about’

I could see her laughing and shaking her head as if she pitied me. I didn’t know what to believe. Would she lie? She should be sure that I would ask Kola.

I sat down in shock. Why would Kola lie to me? At that point I didn’t know what to do. What did she mean by he was on drugs? If he was I would have figured it out at least. She laughed some more and left the table.

‘What would I do now?’ I asked Ada almost in tears.

‘You’d be fine and I feel you should ask him. He would be able to tell you the truth or explain it to you. It won’t be wise if you act out of proportion because someone told you something about him’.

I left the restaurant in the worst way ever. All the excitement of the weekend was gone. I couldn’t think straight, I found myself driving aimlessly and when I couldn’t take it anymore I drove to his house. I was going to confront him. Why would he lie to me and make me look ridiculous especially to Ayomide? He was surprised to see me, he wanted to hug me but I was in no mood for that.

‘Kola is there anything you want to tell me?’ I asked without a smile. I needed to know if this girl was actually saying the truth or she was lying.

He looked confused. ‘Tell you? I don’t think so baby?’ he replied sitting close to me. He tried holding me but I took his hand off me.

‘Why did you and Ayomide break up?’ I asked. He looked scared and confused. I was sure he was surprised that I knew his ex and wondered what I knew.

‘Dami, I already told you. Mide cheated on me while I was away and that’s the truth’

‘Kola, are you on drugs?’ I could see his eyes, he looked afraid. Was this a way of saying yes? He lied to me?

‘I am sure Mide told you this, she has been going around telling people nasty things about me’ he said this time crying. I couldn’t bear it, Kola was crying and I was wrong to accuse him of what I heard from someone like Mide.

‘Dami, I would never lie to you. Baby, I am on my knees begging you. Mide is just bent on breaking us up but please believe me and listen to me. Kola Williams isn’t on drugs’

All I could do was kiss him ‘I am sorry’ I whispered and I could see him give me a weak nod. He kissed me and I felt at peace again. We cuddled on the sofa quietly but it was one of the best times ever. Ayomide won’t break us up. Never.

I had to go home; mummy would have my head on a tray if I didn’t assist her in planning my dinner. It was just ridiculous. It was sad to leave but I was glad I was sane again.

I got home few minutes past 10 and the house looked different from what it was. Mummy was really out doing herself but I was grateful for her. I didn’t have to stress myself like I did for other people’s event.

As soon as I got to the room I called Kola to tell him I was back home, he seemed down and I could only blame myself for doing this. He kept promising that he won’t lie to me and that I shouldn’t listen to Ayomide. He sounded like Mide had been trying to get back with him. I trusted Kola; I knew he was telling the truth. We spoke for long and by the time we were saying our goodnights he sounded much better. I cared less about what anyone thought about him, Kola loved me too much to lie to me and Mide wasn't someone worth ruining something beautiful for. 

Of course I believed Kola and yes, I loved him too.


TO BE CONT’D …  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 student lose their life in a tragic accident in Ekiti state!

Sources confirmed that about 6 student lost their lives in iworoko Ekiti state in today, a very very tragic occurrence and an academic blow to this centre of intelligence. Please let us remember  them in our prayers, after all..nobody knows when a tragic occurrence like this can occur. More detail to come. See more pictures below.

LIFE CHEATS 2

Second series of the life cheats hope you've read the first 1 seems like something that will come handy