Skip to main content

LOVED HIM (16)


On one of the evenings that we snuck out to hang out, I kept thinking of Tobi, I couldn’t get him out of my head. It was so funny that we haven’t spoken since I got back with Kola, I felt like he hated me and I couldn’t blame him after all I hated myself too.



Kola kept talking about himself and I couldn’t pay attention, I could barely enjoy the conversation, my mind kept wandering. When he excused himself to use the restroom, I decided to go through his phone, maybe it was the worst mistake of my life but I was grateful I did. The things I saw, I was shocked to my marrows, Kola was a terrible human being, he was worse than I thought. I couldn’t confront him, so I returned his phone and acted like I saw nothing.
When he got back, I was still in shock that someone who acts this nice could be that evil, evil isn’t the right word, he was the devil himself. At some point I started laughing, I laughed so hard, too hard and I couldn’t control myself, maybe I lost it finally. My God!
We were supposed to spend the night together but I insisted he took me home; he was reluctant but had no other choice but to agree. As I got home, I looked at my mother eating on the dinner table, she looked so over joyed and I wanted a piece of what she had.
‘My dear, you are back?’ she finally noticed my presence.
‘Yes ma, the meeting didn’t take time’ I replied walking towards my room.
She laughed. ‘What meeting?’ she asked, this time she wasn’t laughing, she was washing her hands and staring at me.
‘The…the…the meeting…the one I told you about’ I replied lost for words.
‘Alright, goodnight’ she replied
Phew for a moment I thought she knew. I threw myself on my bed and when I thought of what I saw on Kola’s phone I laughed some more.
I was still lost in thoughts when mum walked in and sat on the couch across the room, she stared at me like she wanted to tear me apart.
‘Oluwadamilola Maria Coker’ I could hear her call out my name with anger in her voice. Whenever my mother called me this way it only meant one thing, I was about to be killed.
‘So you now lie to me? You went for a meeting? A meeting with that useless good for nothing boy?’ she asked still sitting down and staring at me.
‘Mummy, it’s not his fault that he is HIV positive and I don’t want to treat him any less than a human being’ I said in my defence.
She stood up as if she was about to pounce on me. Daddy wasn’t around so no one could save me now.
‘You don’t want to treat him less than a human being?  It’s not his fault? It’s your fault, right? You were the one that infected him?’ she asked standing above me and God knows I didn’t know what to do, I was so scared.
‘Answer me you this silly child’ she walked back to the chair but this time her head was down.
‘You know if your father finds out it would be a different issue entirely, you would be dead’. She was right and I knew this already.
‘Tobi came here when you were not around and told me everything. You are so lucky Tobi has a good heart, you are very lucky’ she raised her head up and looked at me pitifully.
‘Do you know your Kola, is planning on making you tell the press that everything was a lie? That he plans on ruining everything that you have ever worked for and he was started already? Do you know that useless boy released pictures of both of you already? And you sit here and as a stupid girl that you are to tell me it’s not his fault?’ it was as if I heard thunder strike with every question she asked. I was shaking.
All these I found out this evening, when I was going through his phone, I saw a chat with him and a blogger, where he planned on releasing a sex video, making me confess that it was a lie and making my life miserable. How on earth did Tobi find out and who did he think he was to tell my mother about it? I was mad, mad at Tobi. He always felt he needed to look out for me, it was my life and he needed to mind his business. But mum was here and was really mad at me.
I knelt down before her ‘I am sorry ma, I wasn’t thinking, I would end everything I have with him’
She looked at me, gave me a piercing stare ‘I am disappointed in you’ she pushed me to the floor and walked away. The way she slammed the door on her way out, I knew I had broken her heart into a thousand pieces.
I couldn’t move, what was I supposed to do? Kola wasn’t worth this stress and honestly I didn’t understand why I found myself in this mess again.


TO BE CONT’D….


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 student lose their life in a tragic accident in Ekiti state!

Sources confirmed that about 6 student lost their lives in iworoko Ekiti state in today, a very very tragic occurrence and an academic blow to this centre of intelligence. Please let us remember  them in our prayers, after all..nobody knows when a tragic occurrence like this can occur. More detail to come. See more pictures below.

LIFE CHEATS 2

Second series of the life cheats hope you've read the first 1 seems like something that will come handy